domingo, 1 de marzo de 2009

TOMORROW YOU DIDN'T- BY AVRIL LAVIGNE

This is a song we listened to in 2nd of Bachillerato. Listen to the music and fill in the gaps. After the lyrics, there is a vocabulary-help list.


LYRICS:
It’s a forgone (1)...................., you’re love’s an illusion
and the (2)....................... is starting to fade
boy let’s be honest, when it comes to your (3).....................
it’s just a lot of empty words you say
and the future’s only gonna be more of the same
you’ve only got (4)................... to blame

[Chorus]
Tomorrow you didn’t, yesterday you won’t
’cause I know everything you say you gonna do you don’t
that’s forgiven, it doesn’t matter (5)....................
hey, I know what love wasn’t, I know what (6)................... isn’t
so when you say you’re gonna change you gotta be kidding
tomorrow you didn’t,
hey hey, I’m outta here (7)..................

I used to believe in, all your romantic (8)......................
but it really ain’t that cute (9).........................
’cause my time’s too precious
so I wish you the best with
whatever it is you’re looking for
baby this is all for your own (10)..................,
I’m leaving ‘cause I know you never would

[Chorus]

I don’t need a crystalball to (11).................. it all my dear,
it doesn’t matter what you say,
it always turns out the same way
your predictions are (12).............................
and it’s tragically clear

[Guitar solo]

[Chorus]

(dadada, yea)



VOCABULARY HELP
forgone: obvio
FADE: desvanecerse
empty: vacío
gonna: going to
same: lo mismo
BLAME: culpar
'cause: because
it doesn't matter: no importa
gotta: got to
KID (kidding): bromear
outta here: out of here
ain't: isn't
cute: bonito, mono
precious: valioso
crystalball: bola de cristal
my dear: querido
TURN OUT: resultar

3 comentarios:

Alejandro Romero dijo...

hi! I'm Alexander jaja Firstly, congratulations for your blog! I write about football in a blog of my village! jaja. ahh...you don't make the exams very difficult!!

Anónimo dijo...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anónimo dijo...

hello


just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.